But expected to slow down sells due to coronavirus.
Today Nintendo has updated the numbers of sales respecting Nintendo Switch. As part of its end of year financials, Nintendo has shipped 55.77 million units since 2017, what it means a boost of 3.29 million units over the last quarter which ended in May 31,2020.
Once again Nintendo exceeded its own forecast of selling units, going from 19 million to a real 21 million units in the fiscal year 2019-2020.
Top 10 selling Switch Games
As well as the console, Nintendo has updated the top 10 best Switch selling games:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.97 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.77 million (first 11 days) / 13.41 million (first six weeks)
- Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million
Interesting how Animal Crossing has quickly positioned on the top 10, especially if we talk about the short time the game has among the community and the fact of been released over a world wide quarantine.
Fiscal Year 2020-2001 may be affected by Coronavirus.
One more time, Nintendo place the sales number under the 20 million units for the upcoming fiscal year 2020-2021, and the main concern is due to the coronavirus, which is still impacting the manufacturing industry leading to a shortage of components resulting in less Switch selling.
There are concerns that COVID-19 will lead to a global decline in production and consumption. Given the situation, we will work to continue to convey the appeal of the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite hardware and expand their installed base.Nintendo
By the moment, there’s an uncertain coronavirus and world economy panorama, and how could behave is truly unpredictable. The best bet its wait and be prepared.